DCA- Badania kliniczne - Faza I

Co przyniesie przyszłość?
Wiadomości ze świata nauki, odkrycia, nowe dokonania medycyny mogące pomóc w walce z glejakiem. Oraz specjalny dział poświęcony najnowszym informacjom na temat Temodalu (TMZ).

DCA- Badania kliniczne - Faza I

Postprzez Crono5 » Cz cze 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Badania kliniczne nad skutecznoscia DCA w leczeniu guzow litych

A Phase I, Open-Labeled, Single-Arm, Dose Escalation, Clinical and Pharmacology Study of Dichloroacetate (DCA) in Patients With Recurrent and/or Metastatic Solid Tumours

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00566410

Purpose

Dichloroacetate (DCA) is a small molecule that has been used for years to treat lactic acidosis and rare metabolic disorders in humans. Further testing now shows that it may suppress the growth of human cancer cells. Tests of DCA on human cells cultured outside of the body found that it killed lung, breast, and brain cancer cells, without affecting human normal cells. Tumors in rats that were infected with human tumors also shrank considerably. Most cancers are characterized by a resistance to apoptosis (cell death that removes abnormal cells) that makes them more likely to grow as well as be resistant to most cancer treatments. Plus, many current cancer treatments kill both cancerous and healthy cells and are highly toxic. DCA works by reversing the damage to the mitochondria that is present in cancer cells, thus reactivating the apoptosis (cell death) mechanism in them. The result is the death of the cancer cells. This mitochondrial reactivation presents an entirely new approach to treating cancer.

DCA is known to be relatively well tolerated with few significant side effects and its selectivity, effectiveness and ease of delivery (oral) make it an attractive opportunity. It is hoped that one day this treatment may become a safe and effective treatment, either along or in conjunction with other treatments, for many forms of cancer.
Crono5
*** Administrator ***

Powrót do News